Projects Spring 2011
Projects by section.
- Ray Aull: Routing for Cycling Commuters Based on Landscape Severity
- Chris Kollar: Slope and Hydrology Analysis at A Montane and A Coastal Plain Mountain Biking Site.
- Will Marks: Modeling Stem Density of Forested Areas of North Carolina using UAVSAR and LIDAR Data
- David Robinson: Detecting the Presence of Ladder Fuels for Wildfires in Shenandoah National Park
- Kyle Marion: LiDAR Mapping of Vegetation Distribution in Shenandoah National Park
- Meijer Alan: Seasonal erosion and deposition in soils under different tillage systems estimated using terrestrial laser scanning.
- Thomas Dudley: An Hedonic Housing GIS View Analysis
- Scott Beck: Viewshed Modeling for Wind Energy Development on Mountain Ridges in Watauga County, NC
- Shannon Bowling: Landscape factors that influence northern bobwhite densities within agricultural settings
- Christina Temple: Woolly Adelgid Damage in Western North Carolina
- Omar Carrero: Temperature Extreme Events Risk Analysis for Eucalyptus Introduction in SE US
- Megan Embrey: Temperature Change with Elevation Across North Carolina
- Corey Davis: Smoke exposure risk from active burning and wildfires for North Carolina coastal communities
Distance Education section
- Carl Nordman: Modeling forest fuels using airborne LiDAR, Skyland area of Shenandoah National Park
- Yu Takeuchi: Estimating forest canopy height, understory vegetation, and vegetation growth and forecasting forest structure under climate change in North Carolina
- Lauren McClain: Analysis of Residential Solar Potential for a Neighborhood in Southern Buncombe County, NC
- Brad Neish: Mapping Solar Energy Potential for a Neighborhood in Carrboro, NC
- James Kim: Locating and analyzing a suitable location for building solar energy farm at Federal or State-owned properties within Wake County, NC
- Keren Cepero: Inundation Mapping employing GIS and Hydraulic modeling: Case Study of Neuse River, NC.
- Christopher Barrow: Inundation probabilities at Canaveral National Seashore, FL
- Brenda McLuskie: Identification of At Risk Areas from Sea Level Rise in the Delaware River Valley
- Stacie Flood: Coastal Sand Dune Dynamics in Response to Major Storm Events on Cape Hatteras and Cape Lookout, NC and Implications for Endangered Species Management by the NPS
- Chris Reagan: Wetland Delineation using Geospatial Modeling Techniques
- Keith Ince: Suitable placement of water main for annexed area of Mecklenburg Co. NC
- Julie Coco: Erosion Modeling for Agriculture in Harnett County, NC
- Matthew Whitehead: Potential Stream Contamination and Affected Population modeling
- Thomas Blue: Ground surface slope statistics at various data resolutions for the Sandhills hydrophysiographic region of North Carolina.