Projects Spring 2012
Project titles by topics.
Lidar data processing and topographic analysis
- Barlow S: Comparison of LiDAR and Ground Survey Data to Assess Accuracy and Efficiency
- Wall J: Anthropogenic Indicators at Mammoth Cave National Park
- Shukunobe M: Archaeological Site Prospecting Using LiDAR-derived DEM in Mammoth Cave National Park
Coastal environment analysis
- Butts C: The Effects of Sea Level Rise to Ocracoke Island, North Carolina
- Nau A: Time series LiDAR analysis of beach erosion and nourishment in Fort Macon State Park, North Carolina
- Davis N: The effects of coastal erosion on the landscape of Holden Beach, NC
- Russ E: Time Series Analysis of LiDAR data to visualize storm impact in Rodanthe, NC
- Wilson E: Hurricane Katrina Damage: Ninth Ward and Alabama/Louisiana Barrier Islands
- Koltonski T: Determining What New Hanover County Public Works would be affected by Different Hurricane Storm Surges
- Spore N: Morphology of Oregon Inlet's Northern Flank, North Carolina
- Mohler, E: The Sedimentation of Morro Bay in San Luis Obispo County, California.
- Haven, W.T., "Geomorphology of Bear Island, Swansboro, NC."
- Peters J: Maximizing Sampling Efficiency: Using GIS to Aid in Oyster Reef Site Selection
- Erhardt C: Exploring the Coast of the Manitou Islands
Atmospheric science applications
- McLamb B: "Urban Heat Island study at two Wake County weather stations"
- L'Heureux J: "Teleconnection Pattern Impacts on Tornado Outbreaks Across the United States"
- Cumbie R: Investigation of Variability Among Drought Indices
- Craig C: Inter-sensor study of Precipitation Gauges and Impact Sensors.
Solar energy potential analysis
- Shortley T: Solar Energy Potential Analysis for Alamance County, North Carolina
- Evans M : Evaluating Solar Energy Potential for Site Design in Nine Elms, London
- Acharya Namrata: Finding the places for Solar energy facility in Centennial Campus at NCSU
- Vann, M: "Measuring Solar Powered Charging Station Potential in Chapel Hill/ Carrboro, NC"
- Bhosle R: Solar Irradiation and Energy Potential around Gorman Street
- Bassil A. : "The natural disaster and territorial defense argument for Solar Power in North Carolina"
Watershed analysis and modeling
- Yuan Fang: Lidar data processing and Watershed analysis of Hill Demonstration Forest
- Saine T: Analyzing and Tracing Impacts of Sanitary Sewer Overspills
- Terblanche A: Geology of Wilderness, VA: investigating magnetic and stream development characteristics.
- Salz M: Flood analysis of the Neuse River in Eastern Wake County, N.C. for temporary disaster relief stations.
- Gilmore T: Analysis of surface hydrology and land use changes in an agricultural watershed in the NC coastal plain
- Burnette, Matthew: SWAT Modeling of the Bear Creek Watershed, Eastern, NC
- Becker, Scott: Hydrologic study for La Selva Biological Station, Costa Rica
- Bill Hardiman: An Analysis of Hydologic and Forest Attributes of Portions of Swain Co, NC
- Bennett E: An Effective Method of Stream Extraction and Watershed Delineation for the Southeastern United States
Recreation, development, utilities and hazards applications
- Bharodia Z : Analysis of Landslide hazards in Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Redner J: Identifying locations for proposed ski runs in Summit County, Utah
- Herring G: "Potential Duck Hunting Locations in Wake County"
- Hurd R: Geospatial Hunting in Western North Carolina
- Katherine Harden: The Charleston County Foodshed
- Spitler E: GIS Best Site Analysis for Subdivision Land Development Activities
- Paul Ku: Accident analysis of areas near greenways in Wake County, NC
- Lyons G: Creating a Safer Pittsburgh
- Roeper M.: Harris Park High Voltage Power Line Plan and Analysis