Projects Spring 2013
Project titles by topics.
Coastal environment analysis
- Steeves,Rebecca Blair: Potential Flooding Effects on the Eastern Coastline of Miami-Dade County from a Storm of Similar Type to Hurricane Sandy
- Poteate,Aaron Samuel: The Use of Remote Sensing Data to Detect Shell Mounds and Aid in Project Planning
- Henson,Jonathan Merle: Recent Hurricane Impacts on Dauphin Island, Alabama
- Park,Yoonhee: Wilmington River road waterfront storm surge vulnerability & development suitability analysis
- Lu,Chi: The impact of hurricanes on shoreline and elevation change of Outer banks from lidar time series
Atmospheric and climate science applications
- Smith,Kara Ann: Impacts of climate and vegetation on dune migration in Jockey's Ridge, North Carolina
Watershed analysis and modeling
- Bennett,James Clifford: Land Use effects on the South Fork, Milk River Watershed, Montana
- Baker,Erik Matthew: Surface Hydrology Analysis in the Desert
- Berger,Jared Philip: HydroFlow in the Berthoud Pass
- Wessling Da Silva,Paula: Analysis of the influence factors on the discharge behavior of the Alonzo's River Watershed: Alto do Ivaí, PR (Brazil).
- Kress,Matthew Z: Urbanization's Effect on Watershed Data at Millville, WV from 1946 to Today.
- Liesch,Amanda Mae: Geospatial Relationship of Piedmont Soils that Determine Infiltration Capacity
- Gale,Susan Marie: Geospatial analysis of vegetated riparian buffer extent and condition value using GIS
- Rice,Joshua Sayre: Relationships between canopy height and elevation derived terrain variables in paired southern Appalachian headwater watersheds.
- Baynes,Jeremy Aaron: Tree Canopy Classification Using High Resolution Aerial Imagery and LiDAR
- Whitacre,Andrew Charles: Tree Inventory Web Application for The City of Richmond Heights, Missouri
- DeRolph, Christopher R: Estimating forest cover change in the Congo using Landsat 5 data
- Shifflett,Shawn Dayson: Developing a methodology for modeling biomass production potential from short rotation woody crops in North Carolina.
- Reyes, Wilmer Misael: Estimating the Vegetation Composition across topographically complex terrains using Lidar
Site and path analysis and optimization
- Walden-Schreiner,Chelsey Alyssa: Terrain Effects on Off Trail Walking Behavior of Visitors to Bear Island, Maryland
- Vargovich,James Joseph: Potential Site Locations in North Carolina for the Establishment of a New Lumber Mill
- Shinsky,John William: Using GIS to Select Suitable Sites for an Endangered Species Reserve System Based on Specific Habitat Criteria
- McNamar,Emily Michelle: Tucson's Charged Up! (Low-relief paths between charging stations and around town for plug-in vehicle battery efficiency)
- Jones,Graham Carlton: Proposed Trail Additions Through Citico Creek Wilderness Area Using Least Cost Path Analysis Based on Elevation, Slope and Land Cover Data
- Cobb III,John Gray: Exposure Analysis of a Road Network
- Hammermann,Jamie Lynn: Targeting land acquisition based on conservation value and property
- Balmat,Ginger Ann: Role of Geospatial Modeling in Relief Efforts Immediately After the Haiti Earthquake of 2010
Visualization and human-computer interaction
- Rouse,Stewart D : Analyzing Data Visualizations Using Eye Tracking and ArcGIS
- Harmon,Brendan: A Tangible Geospatial Model of Jockey's Ridge